Worry Author

14 Jul 2015, 20:47

My best friend told me yesterday that she was raped 2 years ago, I told her to tell her mum but she refused and said "I don't want to be a burden" she's terrified to tell anyone else, what can I do to help her?

Ps. She's 15, she didn't get pregnant

Life sucks but not always

14 Jul 2015, 20:59

You need to be sorry for her... She suffered something that no one ever should! And she is still hurt by it clearly.. You need to be with her but you can't do it alone. You need to set up a meeting with her family where you and her parents are going to be present. You need to tell her that she has to talk to them about it or else you will. Her parents need to know, and help her to forget this. Wish you luck to you all

15 Jul 2015, 06:14

Being raped is a traumatic experience and as long as your friend isn't sucidial or in immediate danger , I think you need to respect her wishes . Not all parents are understanding or caring and without knowing everythig you could do more ha then good . You friend should be the one who decides how quickly to share the traumatic experience in her own way and time not you . I know you mean well but assuming you know best in this type of scenario is dangerous . Just be there for her and be understanding

15 Jul 2015, 15:23

Be there for her tell her it's ok make sure u never do or say anything to make her remember it convince her to find a guy who will treat her right and not have sex until she is ready if she gets depressed though u should go tell a therapist or a adult u can trust like a teacher u like or school counselor or go to the police and just tell them that this happend and that u need help but to make sure that ur freind doesn't find out cuz u need help and to not be alone in this.

Return to “Mental or Physical Abuse”